There are a variety of ways in which introductions of films are effective and engage the audience, through storyline and special effects, these are not the only conventions established. Other ideas include:
- A good script/storyboard (or as previously mentioned, narrative)
- Decent/Satisfactory acting
- Avoiding repetition of specific words or phrases
- Concepts which make the film different and more unique to others e.g. aspects that aren't similar to current movies
- The 3 key components: the 180 degree rule, rule of thirds and match on action shots
- A range of different types of shots e.g. Close Ups, Long Shots, Establishing Shots etc.